C Welcome D
We are pleased you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. At Ellen Carnahan * Intuitive (“We”, “Our”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
This Policy applies only to online activities at this Website, and is not applicable to any information collected offline or via channels other than this Site.
By using our Website and/or submitting your information through our online forms, you accept the privacy practices described in this Policy and consent to our collection and use of your personal information.
For security reasons, and to protect the transfer of personal data and other confidential content, this Website uses SSL encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the “https://” in the url address, and by the lock symbol ( ) in the browser.
C Contents D
Data Acquisition When Visiting Our Website
- Server Log Files ↓
- Contact Us & Newsletter Sign Up ↓
- Online Orders ↓
- How Do We Store Your Data? ↓
- Use of Your Data for Direct Advertising ↓
- GDPR Data Protection Rights ↓
- What Are Cookies? ↓
- Two Different Kinds of Cookies ↓
- How to Manage Your Cookies ↓
- Third Party Cookies ↓
C Data Acquisition When Visiting Our Website D
Server Log Files
When you only use our Website for information, that is, if you do not expressly provide us with personal information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (“server log files”). When you visit our Website, our hosting provider collects the following data, which is technically necessary for you to view the Site:
- Date and time (at the time of access)
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source (referring url) that brought you to the page
- The browser and operating system used
- The IP address used (geographically tied to your ISP or cell’s data tower)
The above data will not be passed on or used in any other way. That said, we reserve the right to check the server log files afterwards if we observe concrete indications of illegal use.
Contact Us & Newsletter Sign Up
If you send an email (through the Contact Us form) or sign up for our Newsletter, Ellen Carnahan * Intuitive will collect your email address, plus whatever additional information you may choose to include in the form. No emails or form data are stored on the web server.
If you place an order for one of the products or services on our site, we will require your full name and your email address, and in certain cases we will need your mailing address. For payment processing, you will be directed away from this Website to a product page hosted on either Stripe, Inc. or PayPal, Inc. (your choice), and will be required to give your payment details in order to complete the transaction.
How Do We Store Your Data?
Anonymized visitor data (“Server Log Files”) is securely stored on our Website’s hosting servers at NameCheap.com, which are located in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
If you use the Contact Us form, or purchase a service or product from our Website, we will securely store your data in digital format on the computers at our office in Central Ontario, Canada. If the nature of our communication is transient, you may request we delete the communication. Bear in mind, we would then have no point of reference later on if you chose to contact us again.
Non-digital copies of digitally-submitted personal information are only ever created for purposes of physically shipping a product directly to the client. Those physical copies containing the information will ship out only to the customer and are not retained in the office except in digital format for best practices of maintaining internal business records. No other non-digital copies of digitally-submitted personal information are ever created without express consent.
Use of Your Data for Direct Advertising
When you register for our email newsletter, you are only required to provide us with your email address and first name. The data collected by us when you register for the newsletter will be used for that purpose and no other.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link provided in the newsletter, or by sending a message to the email address in the confirmation email (or any subsequent newsletters). The list is managed by ConvertKit under Ellen Carnahan * Intuitive’s account. If you unsubscribe, your email address will be deleted off of our mailing list within a month.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
C Cookies D
Like any other website, Ellen Carnahan * Intuitive uses ‘cookies.’
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. For further information, visit AllAboutCookies.org.
Two Different Kinds of Cookies
Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after your browser has closed (“Session cookies”). Other cookies remain on your device and enable your browser to recognize our Site the next time you visit (“persistent cookies”). If cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. The duration of each cookie’s storage can be found in the overview of the cookie settings of your web browser.
How to Manage Cookies on Your Computer
Please note that you can examine your browser’s settings to learn about each individual cookie stored there and decide whether to accept or exclude it, either for specific cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages its cookie settings. The help menu of each browser explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can also visit the following links for more information:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/safari/sfri11471/12.0/mac/10.14
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note that if cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our Website may be restricted.
Third Party Cookies
Ellen Carnahan * Intuitive uses Google’s reCAPTCHA to help keep the Website secure. The reCAPTCHA function is used to distinguish whether activity is made by a natural person, or is misused by machine and automated processing. The Website also uses Google Analytics to learn where in the world our viewers browse from. Google Analytics allows only a broad indication of geographic location.
Both Google services anonymize user data prior to storage. These cookies can be turned off using the Cookie Compliance settings.
Ellen Carnahan * Intuitive also uses the service Embedly to display YouTube videos (a Google product) and Spotify playlist previews, intended to enhance your experience of the Site. These cookies can also be turned off, but bear in mind that doing so will remove the embedded content from your experience of the Site.
C Other Information D
Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
Under PIPEDA, among other rights, Canadian consumers have the right to:
- Decide who can access their personal data,
- Access the personal data a company holds on them, and
- Correct any errors in their personal information.
USA’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
This Website does not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please Contact Us.
We will NEVER SHARE or SELL your personal data without your express consent!
How to Contact Us
We operate our main office in Central Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office located at 330 Avro, Pointe-Claire, QC, H9R 5W9, Canada.
- The best way to contact us is via the online Contact Us form.
- After you submit the form, we will receive an email with your communication.